I LOVE tiramisu and though this recipe is longer and a bit more complex than others…this is the one that tastes closest to the one that used to be served as Cafe Tre Scalini, if you remember it…then you’re old like me ? nice to meet you! #fehmz
Tiramisu by @Fehmz adapted from @BBC Food *please note, this tiramisu must be prepared beforehand since it needs to set overnight preferably 24 hours before serving*
6 large eggs – seperated
200g castor sugar (a cup minus 2 tsps)
250g mascarpone (or a regular tub, no less than 230g)
250ml double cream/fresh cream (whipped to soft peaks)
400ml espresso – strong coffee
2-3 packs of boudoir biscuits
Hot chocolate powder for dusting
1. Beat egg yolks with castor sugar. Add mascarpone to the egg mixture and cream well.
2. Fold the whipped cream into the mixture using a big metal spoon
3. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold lightly into the above mixture with a big metal spoon.
4. In a large dish (or individual deep bowls), spoon a little of the mixture on the bottom
5. Pour coffee into a shallow bowl and dip biscuits one at a time into the coffee and place into the serving bowl
6. Spoon over 1/3 of the remaining mixture
7. Variation *fresh berries can be added at this point if required
8. Top the mixture with another layer of biscuits dipped in coffee
9. Pour remaining mixture over and refridgerate for a minimum of 24 hours. Can also be frozen at this point.
10. Before serving, dust over a generous layer of hot chocolate