Russian Honey Cake
One of the best things I tried making this Eid was @cleobuttera’s Russian Honey cake, it’s a labour of love and so so worth it!
Her recipe is detailed and precise, which makes it easier to get it right!
If there is any honey cake recipe you want to try, it’s gotta be the one from Tasbih’s website. I printed it out and would suggest you do the same, making it easier to follow each step.
Video can be found here
I made this Russian Honey Cake by @cleobuttera and it’s got to be the best recipe ever! It’s delicious, perfectly moist and frankly, moreish. I need to make it again already.
This was a true labour of love, the best way to make this recipe is to go to Tasbih’s website and follow her detailed instructions (print it out and file it with care), they are easy to follow and will ensure your cake comes out excellent!
Here are my tips:
1. Use Caramel Treat instead of making the Dulce de Leche.
2. Bake the layers you to a week or month ahead (even just a day ahead)
3. Don’t rush the process, take it slow, steady and enjoy it. Trust me it’s worth it.
4. Prepare your cream filling a day before as well.
5. Remember you need it to set overnight for the flavours to meld together and to soften the layers.
6. Don’t feel intimidated, once you get through making it the first time, you’ll realise it’s quite easy, just time-consuming.
7. It yields a fair size cake so save a quarter and freeze it, for your next indulgence.
Try it, trust me.
The recipe link is here https://cleobuttera.com/cakes/the-most-amazing-russian-honey-cake/