Raspberry Virgin Daiquiri with the Chairman Home
There is something about beautiful glassware that makes you want to pretty up your drinks, find a comfortable lounger out in the sun and imagine that you are at the poolside being served by waiters and fanned by pool boys. Hahaha
The new glassware range from The Chairman Home can do that to you and when the box of beautiful pink stemless glasses arrived at my door, I pulled myself out of my YouTube hiatus and made a video showing you just how to make a virgin Raspberry Daiquiri. After all, I used to be called the Mocktail Queen since 2011, so I had to dust off that crown and have some fun. It was great to get back into taking videos and making good use of the blender that served me so well through all my mocktail classes. Cannot believe it’s been almost 8 years of doing mocktails!
You will need:
- 1 punnet raspberries (frozen will also work so buy a bunch of punnets when its in season) can be substituted for other berries
- 2 cups of ice
- 1/4 cup lime cordial
- 1/2 cup sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup of cranberry apple juice
- handful of mint leaves
- pomegranate rubies and lime slices for garnish
- optional: 1/2 cup of mixed berry juice, add another cup of ice
Reserve some of the raspberries and mint for decoration.
Gooi (throw) everything else into the blender and blend it baby. Taste it for sugar and tartness. A daquiri should have a healthy hint of tartness from the lime cordial, you can also squeeze in some lime juice for extra tang. Get those swanky beautiful glasses ready and pour your drink inside, garnish with lime slices, raspberries, pomegranate rubies and mint.
Get your lounger ready, place them into a nice tray and find that person to bring it out to you while you relax, feet up, soaking in some sun.
1. You can freeze the mixture and serve the sorbet as a delicious palate cleanser or dessert on a hot summer’s night.
2. You can also decide to freeze it into ice pop trays for a summer ice pop adventure.
3. To stretch the mixture even further you can freeze into ice cube trays and the next event you have you can add them to glasses and top up with sprite or lemonade, garnish and serve as a raspberry lemonade.
Glasses: Courtesy of The Chairman Home