Grilled Ace Quick Cook pap squares and Liver
Since we all know that Ace Quick Cook Maize literally cooks in 10 minutes and is as tasty as the original, I was inspired to make some delicious pap with a twist…. Grilled Ace Quick Cook pap squares with peri livers! If you haven’t tried it you are missing out big time!! Using 10-minute Ace Quick Cook pap means you can literally make this meal in like 30 minutes.
Watch my reel here for step by step instructions
• Ace Quick Cook Maize
• 500g Chicken Livers
• 1 cup yoghurt (or coconut milk)
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• half tsp turmeric
• 1 garlic clove crushed
• 1 tbsp of garlic butter
• 1 tbsp of garlic and chilli mix
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp cornflour/maizena
• 2 tbsp of oil
• half tsp salt
• Make the Ace Quick Cook Ace Maize and pour it into a square tray, pop it into your fridge to set.
• Make Marinade for the Peri Livers using: 1 cup yoghurt (or coconut milk), 2 tsp chilli powder, half tsp turmeric, 1 garlic clove crushed, 1 tbsp of garlic and chilli mix, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cornflour/maizena and half tsp salt to taste
• Prepare 500g Livers in a pan: Add 1 tbsp of garlic butter with 2 tbsp of oil to your pan, then add 500g chicken livers
• Let it cook for 5 minutes. Then add your marinade and cook completely.
• Prepare your Ace pap, unmould, and cut into squares or rectangles. Grill on a griddle on high heat, with some butter.
Serve the grilled pap onto your plate as the livers on top of the pap. Garnish and enjoy!