What is it about chaat that just has us reaching for more constantly. Had a film crew at my place the other day to shoot for an episode of Heerlik Halaal, everyone was chowing down on DGC. That’s when you KNOW it’s addictive! So here’s my recipe.
DGC aka Damn Good Chaat by @fehmz
Open a can of chickpeas, drain out most of the liquid but reserve about 4 tablespoons.
Pour it all into a bowl. Make a light vagaar with mustard seeds, pinch of garlic and some crushed curry leaves. Add it in to the chickpeas.
Peel 2-3 potatoes and run through your chip cutter or cut it yourself, then cut into cubes, this helps to get even chunks. Cook til done. Add to chickpeas. Mix well.
- Crushed green chilli
- 2 curry spoons of Tamarind sauce (the Quality Sauces brand)
- 3-4tblsp vinegar
- 2 tblsp Mrs balls original chutney (I know this is not traditional but it’s so good)
- 3-4 tsp chaat masala – to taste (I use the Shan Spice brand, it’s my favourite one)
Mix well. Taste and add extra of whatever you feel like.
2 cups yoghurt
Salt and pepper
1 tblsp sugar
Squirt of lemon juice
1/4 cup milk
2 tblsp green chutney (any kind)
Mix well and set aside.
Kwality tamarind sauce
Mix to make a thinner sauce.
1. Tal Puri and when I don’t get that I just use fried samoosa pur
2. Chaat mix
3. Top with Yoghurt
4. Squirt over some of the thinned Tamarind sauce
5. Garnish with sev (which I didn’t have) as well as pomegranate rubies and coriander
6. Sprinkle with more chaat masala
8. Remind everyone that you are awesome!!! 😆♥️