his one is for the beginner, the one who finds the kitchen intimidating, the one just now learning to love the kitchen and prepare food ♥️
Welcome to Basics101. This is a foolproof way to make a simple white sauce. You can use any recipe, just follow this method.
Watch my reel here
1. Melt your butter (try @kerrygoldsouthafrica for extra richness)
2. Add your flour
3. Cook for a little while until the flour is slightly browned/cooked
4. Now add your milk/cream slowly, whisking well each time
5. Be patient, just go slowly.
6. Season as desired, eg. Salt, pepper, garlic granules, chopped chilli, garlic&herb spice, parsley
6. I add 1tblsp sour cream or cream cheese. It’s amazing
Once done you can add more milk or cream to get to your desired consistency.
Variation: Add 2 cups of grated cheese at the end for a cheese sauce.